Routine Laminate Maintenance
Laminate care and maintenance don't need to be complex. By following our care guide, you can ensure that your laminate floors look fantastic for years to come.
Daily laminate care revolves around sweeping your floors. In doing so, you can help to remove dirt, dust, and other debris present in your laminate floors. This debris can, over time, cause wear and tear and make your laminate floors look grungy and worn. How often you sweep will depend on the foot traffic within the room. You may also want to wet mop your laminate floors periodically.
Learn more about other top tips for maintaining your laminate below.
Caring For Your Laminate
Proper maintenance can prolong the lifespan of your laminate and ensure beauty and performance day in and day out. Here are some helpful tips for maintaining your laminate.
- Sweep regularly to remove dirt, dust, and other debris.
- When spills occur, wipe them up with a towel to avoid damage. For solid spills, sweep them up in a timely manner.
- Use mats at entryways to reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked onto your laminate.
- Remove shoes before entering the house to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the laminate.
- Rotate your furniture regularly to prevent heavy wear and tear on specific areas of the laminate.
- Use furniture pads to prevent scratching your laminate.
- Wet mop your laminate floors as needed.