Routine Area Rugs Maintenance
Regular care and maintenance will ensure that your area rugs look great as the years pass. Vacuuming will ensure that your rug looks great and perform well by removing dirt and debris that can harm your fibers. When spills happen, it is important to act quickly to prevent stains or damage to your rug. Area rugs are vulnerable to spills and stains, but by exercising precaution and addressing messes as they occur, a spill doesn't need to cause permanent damage to your rug.
Caring For Your Area Rugs
Here are some basic guidelines for maintaining your area rug:
- Vacuum your rugs regularly to remove debris and ensure beauty and high performance.
- Blot any liquid spills with a clean cloth. Then apply your manufacturer-approved cleaning solution. Always test solutions before using them on your rug.
- Place entry mats at your doors and encourage guests to remove their shoes before walking on your floors. Limiting the amount of dirt that enters your home is essential in prolonging the lifespan of your area rug.
- Use furniture pads under to avoid indentations to your rug.
- Address spills immediately after they occur.