Professional Laminate Installation In Orange Park and St. Augustine, FL
New flooring, whether it's laminate or another material, is a major purchase for your home. So with that in mind, you want to take steps to ensure that your brand-new flooring looks great and performs well for years to come. The best way to do this is to opt for a professional flooring installation. Our expert laminate flooring installation team will provide you with top-notch service. Learn more about what to expect before, during, and after your laminate installation.
Before and During Laminate Installation
Before our crews arrive on your laminate installation day, there are a few steps you should take to ensure your home is ready for your new flooring.
- Have clarity on what will happen to your existing flooring. Is our team removing it? Does it need to be removed?
- Make any necessary repairs to the subfloor, and prepare it for installation, including removing any debris.
- Remove all furniture and ensure that children and pets are not present on installation day.
- Complete any painting-related tasks.
- Ask any questions that you might have.
- Ensure that someone over the age of 18 will be present on installation day.
During your flooring installation:
- We will complete a walkthrough of the job site beforehand to ensure that everything is clear.
- We will begin by addressing your old flooring and/or preparing the subflooring as needed.
- The crew will start by laying the laminate planks. Laminate floors can be installed using adhesive or by way of an interlocking system, sometimes known as a "floating floor." Each method has its own benefits.
Once finished, your crew will provide the finishing touches, and you will be free to enjoy your new laminate floors.
After Your Laminate Installation
After laminate installation, there are a few things you should do to ensure that your new laminate remains in good condition.
- You may need to open windows or run a fan to remove smells associated with the installation. This is especially true if an adhesive is used.
- You may need to stay off your laminate floors for 24 hours to allow the materials to settle.
- Ask any questions to our crew before we leave the job site.
- Stay in touch with us as questions arise.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your new laminate is great for years to come.