Meet Our Team
Fantastic Floors is owned by local flooring expert Rusty Williams, who is on a mission to elevate homes with high-quality Jacksonville and Orange Park flooring.
“My name is Rusty Williams, and I am the owner of Fantastic Floors, serving the Clay, Duval, and St. John areas including, but not limited, to Jacksonville, Orange Park and St Johns counties. So, if you are looking for someone to work on flooring in Orange park or Jacksonville, Fantastic Floors can be a good choice. Why? I will elaborate on it in a bit.
At Fantastic Floors, my goal is to build a business based on low prices, honest work, and a job done well. There are times when you feel uncomfortable to go with the lowest bid because you are worried about low quality of work. But, we are different as we bring low prices with high quality. Our prices are low because as a company, we maintain low overhead. Apart from that, I buy directly from the mills as all the larger flooring chains do, and I also negotiate my prices. Since Fantastic Floors can bring the store to the clients and offer them the same products as any larger chain for a lesser price, it is a win-win deal for our clients.
The quality is higher because I, as the owner, have my hands on every job. Fantastic Floors provides for my family and has my name attached to it, so every customer is treated with the utmost care. I like to tell customers to give me a chance to earn their business, and since I give true free estimates, it won’t cost them anything. So, next time you need to get done a job on flooring in Orange Park or in any area that we cover, do not hesitate to ask me for a quote.
I would like to thank you for your time, and I look forward to doing business with you. Your opinion matters, so let me know what you think.”
RUSTY WILLIAMS – OWNERS
- Grew up in Middleburg, FL and moved to Orange Park because “My business and life were both in Orange Park.”
- Started Fantastic Floors September 1, 2009 after managing Carpet Man for several years.
- Makes the best breakfast in Orange Park.
- Secretly trying to become Thor.
- Would grab his Mac if Fantastic Floors caught on fire.
- Does not ask his guests to remove their shoes.
MIKE THIESEN – SALES MANAGER
- Grew up in Orange Park and has stayed to be close to his family.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in May 2011 after installing floors for 7 years and working at Silmar Electronics.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors is the gratification of getting the big contracts signed.
- Is the tri-county bacon weaving champion.
- Has a fine collection of teething rings in his refrigerator.
- Loves to start his day with “Pump Up the Volume” by Color Box.
- Initially would have saved his bills if Fantastic Floors caught on fire (and everyone escaped safely), but quickly changed his mind and said “…actually my medals. I won them in actual races and they’re much more important than bills.”
- Does not ask his guests to remove their shoes.
JAMIE JOHNS - OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Grew up in California and moved to Orange Park as a teenager. West Coast is too expensive!
- Started working with Fantastic Floors in August 2016 after working in the industry since 2002.
- Would rather be glamping with her family.
- Is currently trying to read minds.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors……oh let me count the ways.
- Strangest thing in her refrigerator is fancy cheese.
- Would save her Yeti tumbler if Fantastic Floors caught fire.
- Lives in Clay Hill………who wears shoes.
KAWANA TAPPLEY - RECEPTIONIST
- Grew up in Florida.
- Started with FF August 2016.
- Favorite part of working at FF is being with my family.
- Best at entertaining my grand babies.
- Would rather be spending time with my mom & the rest of my family.
- Is attempting to get organized at work and home.
- Strangest thing in refrigerator is hog jowl.
- If FF caught on fire I would save my family.
- Do not have a preference if shoes are removed or not.
FLETCHER ROBERTS – HOUSE ACCOUNT MANAGER/CLEANINGS
- Grew up in Orange park and stayed because he loved it and to be close to family. “I never wanted to leave the place that had such an impact on me.”.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in 2013 and is his first career.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors is the people he works with.
- He’s the best at running the carpet cleaning part of the business…because that’s his job.
- Dreams of having super strength so that he can go to the gym and get even stronger.
- Sometimes finds himself staring into his refrigerator, hypnotized by its vast emptiness.
- Loves 80’s music.
- Tells his guests that it “doesn’t matter” if they remove their shoes at his house, but secretly wishes that they would.
BILLY CROSBY – NEW CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
- Grew up in Middleburg, FL and has stayed to be close to family.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in February 2015 after being a home builder.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors is the people that work there along with the friendly, family style atmosphere.
- is specialty is the new construction accounts… since that’s what he knows best.
- Would rather be at the ball park coaching fast pitch softball, on a boat fishing or in the woods hunting.
- Is currently working on a teleporting device because he could get a lot more done if he didn’t spend hours driving to and from.
- The strangest thing in his refrigerator is ginger root.
- Would save his phone and computer if Fantastic Floors caught on fire.
- Asks some people to remove their shoes depending on how long they’re staying.
PAUL OSTROWSKY – NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Grew up in Cleveland, OH before moving to Fleming Island with his family is 2015.
- Started at Fantastic Floors in 2015 after working at a warehouse.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors is the family atmosphere and how close it is to home.
- Plays basketball better than most people alive.
- When he’s not working you can find him taking care of his wife & kids.
- Would love the ability to control metal.
- The strangest thing in his refrigerator is old candy.
- You can find him jamming out to solo piano music on his iPod.
- Would save his computer if Fantastic Floors caught on fire.
- Doesn’t make his guests take off their shoes.
ADAM ROACH – NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Originally from Orange Park but has lived in many different states such as California and Georgia but family brought him back to town.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in August of 2015 after being a branch manager for Screen Process of Alabama.
- Favorite part about working with Fantastic Floors is the wonderful people and flexible hours.
- He’s the best at putting someone in a good mood.
- Would rather be in the gym or fishing.
- Dreams of breathing under water for obvious reasons.
- The strangest thing in his fridge is gray poupon.
- In the event of a fire he would save Yoda from Rusty’s office.
- Depending on what their shoes look like, he sometimes makes guests remove their shoes at the door.
ALISA PADGETT – CFO
- Grew up in Middleburg, Florida and moved to Orange Park last summer with her family.
- Started working with Fantastic Floors in August of 2012 after being a stay at home mom. Finds that being the office manager is pretty similar.
- Loves working at Fantastic Floors because the flexibility allows her to still spend quality time with her family and not miss out on “mom stuff.”
- Is currently awaiting approval from the US Patent Office for her revolutionary “Alisabetical Filing System.” The only person able to understand this ingenious system, she is certain that it’s just a matter of time until it catches on.
- Would rather be ironing clothes or with her kids or ironing her kids’ clothes.
- Is also currently working on a teleporting device to see the wonders of the world without having to step foot on a plane.
- You might find her dancing to Ah Ha’s “Take On Me,” but she will quickly blame it on her husband.
- Does not ask her guests to remove their shoes, but expects her kids to…which is confusing…especially when her kids have guests over.
ALICIA THEISEN – NEW CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Grew up in Milford, Connecticut and came to Florida for a fresh start. Met the love of her life and stayed…(awwwwww).
- Started with Fantastic Floors in September of 2012 after working with North Florida Dermatology and as a stylist at Vision Salon in Jacksonville.
- Favorite part of working at Fantastic Floors is her co-workers.
- Has a photographic memory…but only for remembering everyone’s order when buying lunch.
- Dreams of entering a baby feeding/changing/house-cleaning competition.
- Currently working on harnessing the power of super-sonic hearing to take her nosiness to new heights.
- Would save the coffee pot if Fantastic Floors caught on fire (and everyone escaped safely) because apparently she is not aware of any Starbucks in Orange Park.
- Does not ask her guests to remove their shoes.
JUSTIN ANDERSON – SALES
- Grew up in Middleburg and has stayed because of family.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in September of 2012 after previously working as Maintenance Coordinator with Watson Property Management.
- Would rather be hunting, fishing, or anything else outdoors.
- Is currently trying to harness the gift of flight because it would make his job much, much easier.
- Is haunted by the amount of leftovers in his refrigerator.
- Understands that everything in Fantastic Floors is insured, and so would grab nothing in the event of a fire (after making sure that everyone escapes safely).
- Insists that his guests remove their shoes. Coincidentally, has less guests.
JOHN WILLIAMS – WAREHOUSE/INSTALLATION MANAGER
- Grew up on the West Side and now lives at the Beach.
- Started working with Fantastic Floors after 25 years at UPS.
- Favorite part about working at Fantastic Floors is spending time with his son and daughter.
- Specializes in organization and operating an extremely efficient warehouse.
- Would rather be fishing or riding his bike.
- Is also attempting to harness the power of flight to cut back on his gas bill.
- Has multiple old-school hip hop albums on his iPod and will occasionally play them at full volume to prove to Rusty that he’s still cooler than him.
- Does not ask his guests to remove their shoes.
GEORGE DRAFTS – SALES
- Grew up on Lexington, South Carolina before joining the Marine Corps & serving 12 years.
- Started with Fantastic Floors in July 2015.
- Favorite part of working at Fantastic Floors is the people & the relationships he’s made with customers.
- He’s super creative & thanks to his military experiences he can improvise, adapt & come over any situation.
- When he’s not at work you can find him hanging out with his 2 kids, Austin and Cherokee.
- Is currently working on refining time travel so he can experience thing you can only read about in books.
- You’d be surprised to find a huge selection of Reggae music on his iPod. Just puts him in a great mood!.
- Would grab the photo on his desk of his children if Fantastic Floors caught on fire.
- Doesn’t make guests remove their shoes.